Friday 26 June 2009

Michael Jackson, 1958-2009.



For the past year or so I have been listening to Michael Jackson’s music more and more. I was devastated to find out that he had a heart attack. But what inspired me about Michael Jackson more than anything else was his incredibly loving attitude and his amazing songs. A personal favourite song of mine is ‘human nature’ which I think is such a great song for so many different reasons. It captures the inner innocence and beauty of Michael Jackson as well as his care and love for other people.

Throughout the past year or so Michael Jackson has really helped me in terms of overcoming my personal difficulties in my life. For this I cannot thank him enough. I have become a major fan of Michael Jackson because of his music and personality. He has taught me that nothing in the world is more powerful than love and art. He has changed me as a person forever.

I feel as though I can relate to Michael Jackson in several ways. He is the only person I know who understands what it is like to be truly mistreated and suppressed. His father and the media were a lot to blame for this. Michael makes me feel that I am not alone and that there is someone that cares. If I feel like I am in a crisis I know I can turn to Michael, who will be there for me whether he’s alive or dead. Jackson has not received much love in his life but this is why he wants to give love. I am surprised by how positive he was despite all the suffering and pain the world has given him.

Additionally I think the reason why Michael Jackson has such powerful and distinct dancing is not only because he is talented but because he was forced to dance by his father. My theory is that he partly dances to attack those people who have mistreated him. Michael Jackson talks a lot with his dancing. He reflects his anger and disgust by dancing in a forceful way which he has been recognised for; he dances in an eccentric and furious manner. Blood on the dance Floor is an example of a song which shows disgust for those that have offended him.

When I found out that Michael Jackson was playing in London I was so excited. I bought two tickets for me and my mother. I had a lot of trouble getting the tickets because of high demand for them. To see him live would have been something really special for me and for all of his other fans. I am extremely happy that I was wise enough to appreciate him whilst he was still alive. Perhaps if more people concentrated on his music rather than his private life then he would still be alive now.

Michael Jackson deserves to go down in history for the greatest ever pop artist, The King of Pop. Especially considering how diabolically he has been treated in his life. He is a true performer and is the greatest human being you could ever wish to see.

Michael Jackson was just simply a vulnerable talented man who had too many obstacles in his life. He tried his best to prove the media wrong about him and his poor health but in the end it was far too much for him. People like Martin Bashir completely destroyed his life and I cannot forgive Martin for this. Michael Jackson will always have a place in my heart and soul and nothing will ever change that. R.I.P. Michael.

Looking out
Across the night-time
The city winks a sleepless eye
Hear her voice
Shake my window
Sweet seducing sighs

2nd verse

Get me out
Into the night-time
Four walls wont hold me tonight
If this town
Is just an apple
Then let me take a bite

Chorus

If they say -
Why, why, tell em that is human nature
Why, why, does he do me that way
If they say -Why, why, tell em that is human nature
Why, why, does he do me that way

3rd verse

Reaching out
To touch a stranger
Electric eyes are evrywhere
See that girl
She knows Im watching
She likes the way I stare

Chorus

If they say -
Why, why, tell em that is human nature
Why, why, does he do me that way
If they say -Why, why, tell em that is human nature
Why, why, does he do me that way
I like livin this way
I like lovin this way(instrumental section)

4th verse

Looking out
Across the morning
The citys heart begins to beat
Reaching outI touch her shoulder
Im dreaming of the street

Chorus

If they say -
Why, why, tell em that is human nature
Why, why, does he do me that way
If they say -
Why, why, tell em that is human nature
Why, why, does he do me that wayI like livin this way



The Rikowski web site, The Flow of Ideas is at:
http://www.flowideas.co.uk



Gregory's myspace profile and his blog is at:
www.myspace.com/92945414